Web Toolbar by Wibiya Smarter Hiphop: #submission by @thecwallen New Music from I.M.P - "The Dream Baby 2" (Conscious Hip Hop, R&B)

Total All Time Pageviews

Thursday, July 18, 2019

#submission by @thecwallen New Music from I.M.P - "The Dream Baby 2" (Conscious Hip Hop, R&B)



Promo cover art CW Allen
The Dream Baby 2
Independent
2 August 2019
Hello there! Rob here from I.M.P with a brand new EP from Midwest Hip-Hop/R&B artist 'CW Allen' entitled "The Dream Baby 2". This groove laden 4 track EP touches lyrically on subject matter that is dear and personal to CW, and often dark and touching on real life experiences. The Cleveland native's latest effort is full of musical hooks delivered through soulful, deep bass lines, gospel like church back up vocals, and tons of layered synth appealing to a wide audience of new and old school rap. If you are a fan of Kanye West, Outkast, of newer pop radio rap or even classic R&B, you will appreciate what CW Allen has to contribute to the recent hip-hop scene.

CW explains his inspiration behind his newest release: "The Dream Baby 2(DB2) is the second release of the Dream Baby Ep series. In this volume I touch on issues and relationships dearest to me. The Ep begins with "Lucid", a song that talks about our addiction to attention, and the unhealthy ways we pursue it. Like Kendrick Lamar's "Swimming Pools", there's a hidden message under its catchy hooks and deep bass-line. Following Lucid I share a song that is very dear to my heart called "Bad Dreams". Bad Dreams was written right after I found out my 19 year old cousin was murdered. I just felt like It was in a bad dream that I couldn't wake up from. Unfortunately this is very common reality in Chicago, and my hometown Cleveland.

 "Care For You" is the third song on the Ep and it highlights the care God has for us even when we're in our darkest moments of fear and doubt. "Cloud" follows "Care For You" and will be the second single from the Ep. It has the most radio appeal as it's LO-FI melody is perfect for long drives across the city and vibing out at a party. Finally, the DB2 ends with a song entitled "Everything." I wrote this song to me first baby girl who will be born this coming fall."


Stream or Playlist the lead single "Bad Dreams" from 'The Dream Baby 2' via Spotify link here

Watch the "Bad Dreams" music video

Press Quotes
"As Kanye said, every superhero need his theme music. Heroes Never Die happens to be CW Allen's. Over a powerful, string and brass driven instrumental, CW paints a picture of an unrelenting warrior, with clarity and conviction." - WestCoast Keish

"Storytelling is almost the best way to deliver a message in Hip Hop. And when it comes to storytelling CW Allen delivers. When is comes to Chicago Hip Hop, CW Allen is the perfect representative for Conscious, Lyrical, Up Beat Hip Hop." - UndergroundHipHopBLOG.com

"The content is positive, motivating and on point. Also, the instrumental is very rich and pulls you in from the beginning. That along with the hook, sounds like something you'd find in a blockbuster movie." - WestCoast Keish

Accolades
Tours | Festivals:
- Universoul Circus (Chicago Stop)
- Days To Love Tour (Texas)
- Von Promnitz Tour (Poland)
- Brat Fest (Madison, WI)
- Lifest (Oshkosh, WI)

A Few College Campuses:
- Indiana University
- Kent State University
- University of Michigan
- Moody Bible Institute
- Ohio State University
- Bowling Green University

Opened for: Kurtis Blow, Shopé, Shane C. Johnson, Cannon, This'l

Artist Links
Website
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Soundcloud
Spotify
Youtube Channel

Music Videos
Bad Dreams: https://youtu.be/fhhAwsald_0

Contact Details
Artist Contact: info@thecwallen.com
Press Contact: james@independentmusicpromotions.com

Release Info
Artist Name: CW Allen
Location: Chicago, IL
Release Name: The Dream Baby 2
Release Date: Aug 02, 2019
Label: Independent
Producer: FCOnTheBeat

Track List:
1. Lucid
2. Bad Dreams
3. Care For You
4. Cloud
5. Everything

Musicians:
CW Allen: Vocals, Lyricist
Other Member Vary By Show
Styles: Hip Hop, R&B, Gospel
Similar To: Kanye West, Lecrae, Kendirck Lamar, J.Cole

Artist Biography
I was born and raised Cleveland, Ohio. There I grewup listening to Hip Hop music and falling in lovewith heart pounding drums and bass lines. I beganrapping my senior year of high school when I waschallenged to free style at an open mic. The reac-tion I received was very positive and that's whenI began my journey as an artist penning lyrics. Bythat time I had already fell deeply in love with Godand His word so my music was just an expressionof my heart and surroundings. In 2009 I left Cleve-land and moved to Chicago to attend Moody BibleInstitute where I studied communications andbible. Ten years after starting my musical journey Iofficially stepped in to my craft full-time. I have hadthe privilege to share all over the country at bars,schools, camps, and conferences opening for suchas Cannon, Da Truth, Sean C. Johnson, Shopé, This'l,and the Legendary Curtis Blow.

Thanks for your support! I.M.P pay it forward and share/bookmark any support of our artists.

I.M.P has full permissions from each of our artists to provide music for radio, licensing and other opportunities. Mp3's are provided in 320 kbps. WAV's are available on request.